This position is part of the Department of Defense. This position is located in the National Military Command Center (NMCC) and the Joint Operations and Intelligence Center (NJOIC), J35 Current Operations Division, Joint Staff. These Centers provide the Secretary of Defense Command and Control of U.S. military forces.
Learn more about this agency
As a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (SYSANALYSIS/DATAMGT) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as the technical advisor for the J33 Deputy Directors.
- Develops organizational policy and procedures for implementation of guidance from higher-level authority
- Monitors the performance of information technology programs and projects
- Determines intermediate and long-range plans, objectives and programs require to support the Mission.
- Provides technical assistance and evaluation of Information Mission Area (IMA) systems and equipment acquisitions actions
Occasional travel – you may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US citizen
- Male born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents ( See: How to Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment determined by background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
- OVERTIME: Occasionally
- TOUR OF DUTY: Flexible
- RECRUITMENT INCENTIVES: May be Authorized
- FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA): Exempt
- FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE: Not Required
- TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This position is NOT telework eligible
- Security: Employee must obtain/maintain a Special Sensitive (Top Secret/SCI) security clearance
- Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel
Management’s (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
You must have one year Specialized Experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private/military sector) giving the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
- Develops organizational policy or procedures for implementation, and provides advantages along with the disadvantages of those approaches;
- Provides support for the integration of Joint Command and Control (JC2) systems, applications, processes, and evolving technologies;
- Analyzes plans and requirements for an Information Mission Area (IMA) recommending operational priorities and advising stake holders on the adequacy of efforts;
- Provides assessments for the standardization of information systems, including hardware and software standardization.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:Communication, Data Administration (DATAMGT), and IT Enterprise Architecture (SYSANALYSIS)
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
*NOTE: If you submit a resume but no questionnaire, you cannot be considered for the position. If you submit a questionnaire but no resume, you cannot be considered for the position. Your application will be appropriately documented and you will be removed from further competition against this announcement.
Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
Your complete application includes your COMPLETE resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
The following documents are REQUIRED
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format. It must include your name and contact information and support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e.,” HRS per week and month/year” or “HRS per week and month/year to present”).
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume
PLEASE REVIEW THE BELOW LINK FOR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS needed for proof of eligibility:
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.